Monday, January 14, 2008

Quite a Day

I finally got my owl telling me who my sock swap partner is today. I'm making a kit for a first year Gryffindor. I have no idea what I'm going to put in my kit, but I do have the bag planned if nothing else. On top of all my lessons I don't know when I'm going to find time to send off an owl to get the supplies. Sometimes I wish I was a 4th year so I could go into Hogsmead. I do almost have the sock I'm working on finished. It is out of Cat Bordhi's first pathways book. She may be a muggle, but she sure does make knitting magic. I'm using a really neat yarn too. I really perfer to work with sport weight so that I can use a size 2 or 3 needle and still get a nice firm fabric. This sock is made of Phildar Auteuil in colour z104. It is knitting up very prettily. Well I'm off to finish my Transfiguration homework. I swear I'm drowning in parchment most nights.

No comments: